The Coffeetool multifunctional tool is used to clean and maintain your espresso machine. Included; 1 color tool handle & 1 threaded bristle cartridge.
How to Use
NOTE** Some of the following steps require a commercial or semi-commercial back flushable espresso machine. If you are unsure if your espresso machine fits this profile, check with your espresso machine manufacturer before proceeding. If your machine is NOT a back flushable commercial or semi-commercial espresso machine, use step 3 ONLY.
- Using Coffeetool's onboard detergent spoon, place a spoonful or less of Espresso Parts Espresso Machine Cleaner by Puro Caff (backflush detergent) into a "blind insert" (without holes) in your portafilter handle.
- Attach the portafilter to the group and start backflushing your machine following the instructions on your detergent package.
- When it's time to flush out the system, run the group and start scrubbing the shower screen and the nooks and crannies of your group with Coffeetool. This is the best time to use Coffeetool as the hot running water helps wash away spent grounds, rancid coffee resins, flavors, and odors. The benefit of using Coffeetool is apparent at this stage as your hands stay cool and dry.
- Backflush your machine again, this time without detergent. and repeat step #3.
- Use the steam wand vent poker to unclog steam wand vent holes that have become clogged with dried milk residue or other debris (rust, hard water deposits, etc.) from inside your steam wand.
- Use Coffeetool anytime throughout the day to keep your group clean and your coffee tasting great.